-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
What next for Salah and Liverpool after explosive outburst?
Mohamed Salah plunged his future at Liverpool into serious doubt after claiming he had been made the fall guy for the Premier League champions' disastrous form this season.
In an explosive outburst, Salah spoke to reporters after being left on the bench for Saturday's 3-3 draw at Leeds, dropping a bombshell accusation that his relationship with Reds manager Arne Slot is broken.
It was the third consecutive game the Egyptian had been axed by Slot, who is struggling for solutions to a run of four wins in 15 games in all competitions for troubled Liverpool.
AFP Sport looks at how the breakdown between the Egypt star and his manager developed and what comes next for both Salah and Liverpool:
An undoubted Liverpool legend, only two players have scored more than Salah's 250 goals for the 20-time English champions.
Salah, who arrived at Anfield from Roma in 2017, was fundamental to two Premier League title triumphs, ending a 30-year wait to become champions in 2020, and winning the Champions League in 2019.
In April, as he played a starring role and led Liverpool to the title in Slot's debut year last season, Salah was rewarded with a lucrative new two-year contract.
Salah has struggled to match those heights this season, scoring just five times in 19 appearances.
The 33-year-old, who was dropped for Champions League fixtures against Galatasaray and Eintracht Frankfurt, started all of Liverpool's first 12 league games, but Slot's patience ran out after a 3-0 home defeat to Nottingham Forest.
Liverpool spent £300 million ($400 million) on forwards Florian Wirtz, Hugo Ekitike and Alexander Isak in the summer transfer window.
Despite slow starts for Wirtz and Isak, they appear the future for the Reds and Slot has prioritised trying to get them up to speed over the past week.
"I'm sitting on the bench and I don't know why. It seems like the club has thrown me under the bus. That's how I am feeling. I think it is very clear that someone wanted me to get all of the blame," Salah said.
"I said many times before that I had a good relationship with the manager and all of a sudden, we don't have any relationship. I don't know why, but it seems to me, how I see it, that someone doesn't want me in the club."
Liverpool were already planning for life without Salah in the short-term as he departs for the Africa Cup of Nations after this week's matches away to Inter Milan in the Champions League and at home to Brighton.
Salah hinted the Brighton game could be his last at Anfield, if selected, and that he had instructed his family to fly in to witness it.
"I will be in Anfield to say goodbye to the fans and go to Africa Cup of Nations," he added. "I don't know what is going to happen when I am there."
A move to the Saudi Pro League has long been rumoured as Salah's next destination.
An icon in the Arab world, his signing would represent another coup for the Gulf state.
The riches of clubs backed by the Saudi sovereign wealth fund means they are one of the few options that can match or even improve Salah's current salary as one of the Premier League's highest-paid players.
Liverpool would also welcome the chance to bank a significant transfer fee after their huge summer outlay.
Slot's credit among the Liverpool support for an amazing first season in charge was already diminishing after a run of just two wins in 10 league games.
His job is not in immediate danger, but the Liverpool hierarchy may be forced to act later in the season if their place in next season's Champions League is at risk.
Despite a dreadful start, Liverpool, who sit eighth in the table, are only two points outside the top four.
Salah has now ramped up even more pressure on Slot as many fans will take the side of the player hailed on the Kop as the "Egyptian King."
D.Lopez--AT