-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
-
Werro wins Lausanne 800m, well off world record pace
-
One dead, three wounded after sword attack at Swedish high school
-
China mulls bid to host 2028 UN climate talks: sources
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 15
-
Jones becomes third Englishman to join Inter this summer
-
US Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction for now
-
Mexican governor wanted on US drug charges returns to job
-
Root hails emerging fast bowlers as England thrash Pakistan
-
Bolivia's Paz forced to fire economy minister in mid-crisis
-
Brazil's Lula urges tariffs resolution in call with Trump
-
A-Rod ups T-Wolves stake in $4.5bn ownership change
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 14
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail initial £9.5mn
-
Heatwave-hit Europe logs over 30,000 excess summer deaths: first figures
-
'Grateful' ex-world champion Alaphilippe retires from cycling
-
Give LIV Golf 'one more shot,' says DeChambeau
-
US, Canada work to wrap up trade deal ahead of looming deadline
-
Duplantis hits the high notes for athletics anthem
-
Malaysia's JDT claim unbeaten run world record
-
Malaysia's JDT claims unbeaten run world record
-
At least 2 teens seriously wounded in sword attack at Swedish school
-
Bolivian economy minister fired after Congress vote
-
Popular forest near Paris to reopen after wildfire
-
Russell roars to Dutch GP sprint pole, Antonelli fifth
-
UN holds second informal poll of secretary-general candidates
-
Russell takes pole for Dutch GP sprint
-
Shakhtar Donetsk to play Champions League home games at Chelsea
-
England start life after Bazball with rout of Pakistan
-
Arsenal sign Villa centre-back Konsa as champions bolster defence
-
'Duck run' pest control catching on in S.Africa's winelands
-
The 'hedgehogs' leading Poland's defences on Russian border
-
UK, Canada, Australia slam Israel ending probe into aid worker killings
-
England thrash Pakistan by an innings and 103 runs in first Test
-
Spurs spending spree vital to raise standards: De Zerbi
Police hunt for Monaco bomber after Ukraine-born tycoon wounded
Police on Tuesday were searching for the suspect behind a parcel bomb that seriously wounded a sanctioned multi-millionaire of Ukrainian origin and two others in Monaco, after the unprecedented attack rocked the super-safe principality.
Officers in Monaco and neighbouring France were hunting for a man in a black fisherman's hat who appeared in surveillance footage after leaving a package in a residential building near the border, authorities said.
The device exploded at around 9:00 pm (1900 GMT) on Monday, leaving a man and a woman seriously wounded and a 13-year-old with lighter injuries, according to the Monegasque authorities.
Monaco public prosecutor Stephane Thibault said as of Tuesday the man had been stabilised, but the woman's condition remained "life-threatening".
He said the blast was being investigated as "attempted murder" but was not being considered as a "terrorist" act.
He declined to say who was the presumed target of the blast, but several sources have said it was Ukrainian-born businessman Vadym Yermolaiev, who is a permanent resident of Monaco and has acquired Cypriot nationality.
Yermolaiev is a sanctioned multi-millionaire with a reportedly long list of enemies in his homeland.
Kyiv alleges the 58-year-old maintained an alcohol business in Russia-annexed Crimea -- paying taxes to Moscow even after it invaded Ukraine in 2022.
A source told AFP that people would have been lining up to gun the construction magnate down in Dnipro, the industrial Ukrainian city where he made his wealth.
- 'Heinous crime' -
Monaco's Minister of State Christophe Mirmand said he was not aware of any specific threats against Yermolaiev.
"The family's behaviour before entering their block of flats did not appear to show any signs of concern on their part," he told broadcaster BFMTV.
"They were dressed for summer, relaxed and did not appear to be taking any particular precautions," he added.
He earlier said the teenager was "very likely related" to the couple.
The wounded had been taken to hospital in the southern French city of Nice. A source close to the case had said the man had suffered severe burns and the woman was in critical condition.
John Bulanadi, a 19-year-old student living near the site of the incident, told AFPTV he had heard a loud explosion.
"I quickly went out onto my terrace to see what was happening. There was screaming, crying and two people on the ground," he said.
Monaco's Prince Albert II described the incident as a "heinous crime" and "a shock to the entire Monegasque community".
He and his wife Princess Charlene visited police and civil defence in the afternoon, the palace said.
- Bolts, buckshot -
Thibault said a suspect had left a bag or package in the building's lobby before leaving.
The Monaco government said the "strong explosion" was caused by a "parcel bomb".
"A suspect was seen on video surveillance fleeing towards the municipality of Beausoleil in France," it wrote on X.
Mirmand earlier said witnesses had provided information to identify the suspect.
The explosive device apparently contained bolts and buckshot, he added.
Emergency services treated four other people for shock and cuts from windows shattered in the blast, he said.
"This is the first time in history, to my knowledge, that such an act has taken place in the principality," he added.
Mirmand told a news conference late Monday that intelligences services were working to understand the victims' background and "determine if others might be facing specific threats".
L.Adams--AT