-
US pauses construction of border project in Texas national park
-
Discord suspends livestreams in Brazil after teen's suicide
-
Thousands mourn dead black academic in London vigil
-
Tupac Shakur's accused killer was out for 'revenge', jury hears
-
South Africa Test series a lot tougher than a World Cup says All Blacks coach Rennie
-
Netanyahu presses role for US general in Hamas disarmament
-
Coventry sign Nigeria striker Awoniyi from Forest
-
US-Palestinian says 'terrified' as he returns to property besieged by settlers
-
TripleDart tops $7 million ARR with AI-led growth, reports 50 per cent EBIT margin
-
Amboss Opens Affiliate Program: Earn Recurring Bitcoin Commissions by Growing Bitcoin Payments
-
Bipartisan backlash as Trump scales back US-South Korea drills
-
Netanyahu, Kushner discuss US general for Hamas disarmament: Israeli official
-
'Never seen one like it': German pensioners flee wildfire
-
Scottish FA withdraws support for FIFA boss Infantino
-
Ipswich sign Enciso and Ouattara in double raid on Strasbourg
-
Belgium fire halts short of German border, but not 'contained'
-
UN laments 'unacceptable' toll of 350 aid workers killed in 2025
-
Number one Shi suffers shock first-round exit at badminton worlds
-
Former child star actress Hayden Panettiere dead at 36
-
Kolisi and Nche may miss South Africa Test against New Zealand
-
Pakistan captain Babar Azam doubtful for England opener
-
Trump threatens Oman: latest developments in US-Iran war
-
Pentagon inks Tomahawk deal amid reports of missile shortfall
-
Stocks lower as Hormuz concerns and high oil prices persist
-
Rain halts India push after Dinusha century lifts Sri Lanka
-
Crowds turn out for 'Total Eclipse' singer Bonnie Tyler's funeral
-
Dinusha hits century as Sri Lanka post 284 in first India Test
-
Mali jails junta-critic broadcaster, influencer for seven years
-
Stocks steady as investors weigh US rate path
-
'Nowhere to run': Indonesian quake survivors plead for help
-
Taiwan's leader says government to propose record defence spending for 2027
-
Belgium fire makes 'limited' spread overnight, more help on way
-
Cambridge head slams 'feeding frenzy' over dead academic
-
Vingegaard brings curtain down on season
-
Ebola outbreak now DR Congo's deadliest ever
-
Dickwella, Dinusha hit fifties as Sri Lanka fight back
-
Germany's coalition split over putting climate in constitution
-
Bangladesh Test cricket reboot delivers in style with historic win
-
Ukraine badminton star: 'How can you feel normal when bombs are falling?'
-
Virgin moves closer to launching Eurostar rival in 2030
-
Rain brings respite as Belgium wrestles massive wildfire
-
Indian marble waste dump becomes unlikely tourist attraction
-
Most stocks rise as US data ease rate fears but fuel economic worries
-
Coach says Australia 'let standards slip' in shock Bangladesh loss
-
India take control of Galle Test as Sri Lanka slump to 99-5
-
Hawaii recovery efforts begin as Lala downgraded, moves west
-
Australia's mushroom murderer appeals conviction
-
Food safety crackdown snares Mumbai's famed restaurants
-
The Nigerian fishing community being eaten up by the Atlantic
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with Seoul hours before start
Atletico 'ready' for Champions League success at last: Simeone
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone said that his team was ready to finally win the Champions League after knocking out Barcelona on Tuesday to reach the semi-finals.
The Rojiblancos fell to a 2-1 quarter-final second leg defeat at home but that was enough to progress 3-2 on aggregate after their 2-0 win at Camp Nou last week.
Atletico, who have never won the competition, will face Arsenal or Sporting Lisbon in the semi-finals.
"We'll go into it with all our hope, with total belief. We know the strengths we have and our flaws," said Simeone.
"We're ready. We're going to go after what we've been chasing for many years."
Simeone led Atletico to the Champions League final in 2014 and 2016, with both ending in painful defeats by cross-town rivals Real Madrid. The last time the Rojiblancos made the semi-finals was 2017.
"It's been fourteen years now (at the helm), it still excites me to see that the team keeps competing," said the Argentine coach.
"The players have changed, we've had to start over a bunch of times, and here we are again among the four best teams in Europe."
Veteran Atletico forward Antoine Griezmann said that his team always believed they could find a way back after Barca's two early goals.
Lamine Yamal and Ferran Torres fired the five-time winners ahead on Tuesday but Ademola Lookman pulled one back for Atletico and it proved decisive.
"With our fans and the quality that we have, we could get (our) goal," Griezmann told reporters.
"We weren't comfortable with the ball, we weren't calm enough to play but we got to the semi-finals."
He added: "It was a beautiful tie and a difficult one, against a team that plays very well. It was really tough, but we got through."
Barcelona coach Hansi Flick said that he believes his eliminated team deserved to progress to the semi-finals but had to learn from their defeat.
"We played a fantastic first half, (but) we have to score more goals. It was really possible, (but) we conceded the goal we didn't expect at this moment," Flick told reporters.
"When you see both matches, we deserved to get to the semi-final. The mentality, the attitude they showed on the pitch -- I'm really proud about that."
Flick said that although he was happy with his players, being knocked out was disappointing and something they had to learn from.
Barcelona finished both games with 10 men, with young defender Pau Cubarsi sent off at Camp Nou and Eric Garcia dismissed on Tuesday in the Spanish capital.
"We have to learn (from) these things, what we have to do, but we have a young team and I think we will improve next season," said the German coach.
"Every day we have to learn more, we have to be better and this is what we have to do," he continued.
"It's very disappointing for everyone and I am also disappointed. It's football, it's life, and we have to come back."
H.Romero--AT