-
India extend lead to 294 in first Sri Lanka Test
-
More Trump-Kim 'love'? What we know about North Korea
-
Asian allies stress 'critical cooperation' as Trump slashes Korea drills
-
Major Meta trial begins as lawyers spar over witnesses, damages
-
Williams sisters fall at Cincinnati while Zverev advances
-
Trump threatens to bomb Oman if it gets in way of Iran deal
-
Transylvania's fortified churches face fragile future
-
Australian cricketer Warner ordered to use breathalyser vehicle lock
-
China mourns former premier Zhu Rongji with flags lowered, funeral
-
A Viking longship in 'The Odyssey'? It's a case of history meets Hollywood
-
Philippine student killed in rare school shooting
-
Racist abuse spurred Suzuki as Japan goalkeeper set for Premier League
-
Arsenal primed for Premier League title defence as rivals face questions
-
Japan lights torch as countdown begins to Asian Games
-
Zverev advances at Cincinnati while Williams sisters fall
-
Make it rain: Indonesia chases clouds to stem El Nino fires
-
Copper powers profit rise at mining giant BHP
-
All aboard as Asian Games preparations enter 'final stages'
-
Whales spark joy in New York but face threats from boat traffic
-
Lights out, crowds gone: Havana waits for what comes next
-
Premier League's new bosses brace for battle
-
How families in Milei's Argentina sank deep into debt
-
Zambia's Hichilema: 'cattle boy' and two-time president
-
Zambia's Hichilema wins re-election with 60% of vote
-
Elderly far more at risk from rising heat than thought: study
-
Jeanie Buss to fight siblings over sale of 17.8% stake in Lakers: reports
-
Great Western Mining Corporation PLC Announces Drilling Commences at Defender Tungsten Project
-
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC Announces Transaction in Own Shares - August 18
-
Brazil's Lula hails new oil find as 'passport to the future'
-
Paramount demands $1.9 billion surety over states' merger lawsuit
-
Rybakina slogs through double rain delays in Cincinnati win
-
Latest developments in US-Iran war
-
Two largest US reservoirs hit record lows amid western drought
-
NBA has no evidence of Clippers salary cap cheating: report
-
Colombian minister under fire over beach holiday post-quake
-
Boehly and Walter consider selling Chelsea stake to Clearlake Capital
-
Lamour leaves key FIFA position after criticising Infantino
-
OpenAI to lease massive new AI data center in US, backed by Nvidia
-
Buss family sells 17.8% stake in Lakers to Iger group
-
US stocks fall on spiking bond yields, higher oil prices
-
Mangione state murder trial postponed after federal guilty plea
-
LIV Golf cancels Michigan event, to decide team title at Indy
-
Trump envoy says Hamas disarmament could begin within 30 days
-
Rodri arrives at Barcelona to complete 'dream' move
-
US pauses construction of border project in Texas national park
-
Discord suspends livestreams in Brazil after teen's suicide
-
Thousands mourn dead black academic in London vigil
-
Tupac Shakur's accused killer was out for 'revenge', jury hears
-
South Africa Test series a lot tougher than a World Cup says All Blacks coach Rennie
-
Netanyahu presses role for US general in Hamas disarmament
Case closed for Morocco despite Senegal Afcon outrage
Senegal may still possess the Africa Cup of Nations trophy and have launched a legal battle against the decision to strip them of it, but as far as new champions Morocco are concerned, the case is closed.
Although the Atlas Lions lost 1-0 in the January final, the Confederation of African Football awarded them a 3-0 victory last week because of several Senegal players leaving the pitch in protest at the award of a penalty.
Morocco drew 1-1 against Ecuador on Friday in a friendly in Madrid, in their first match since the final and the controversial decision to punish Senegal.
It was new coach Mohamed Ouahbi's first game at the helm, just three months out from the 2026 World Cup.
After becoming the first African side to reach the final four in Qatar in 2022, expectations are high for Morocco and they are looking to the future, despite Senegal's outrage.
"We're focussed on what's to come and not getting into that (topic)," Morocco goalkeeper Yassine Bounou told reporters.
"The answer from us (about whether the decision was fair) would be what our federation said and that's all... we're looking forwards."
Thousands of Morocco fans, many draped in their country's flag and tooting vuvuzelas, are convinced justice was served.
"If someone says there are regulations, you have to follow them," said Yassine El Aouak, 35, a Morocco supporter who travelled to the game from Italy.
"I think we will bring the trophy home (eventually) -- we know that we deserve it."
- 'One more star' -
Before being awarded victory against Senegal, Morocco had won the Africa Cup of Nations only once, in 1976.
"The rules are the rules... they are so clear, you go outside the pitch without any reason, you lose 3-0," said another Morocco supporter Taha El Hadiguy, 22.
"It's very different to winning on the night of the final, to win two months later, but a win is a win. We have one more star on our shirt."
Like the players, Moroccan media was more concerned with the upcoming World Cup and Ouahbi's tactical approach than whether Senegal are right to feel aggrieved.
Ecuador's coach Sebastian Beccacece said his were satisfied with a draw against the "African champions".
Ouahbi's team are now technically unbeaten in 25 matches, despite falling 1-0 on a dramatic night in Rabat against Senegal in the Afcon final.
They lacked precision in attack against Ecuador but Ouahbi, who led Moroccan youngsters to Under-20 World Cup glory last year, highlighted the strength of his team.
"I don't talk in terms of weaknesses. They're not weaknesses. We are a top-level team -- the Ecuadorian coach reminded us of that," Ouhabi told reporters.
"If you are a top-level team, ranked eighth in the world and World Cup semi-finalists, you don't have weaknesses.
"You only have strengths, and then any qualities we're missing, areas where we're not performing, we have to make up for collectively."
Morocco will face record five-time World Cup winners Brazil in their first game at the tournament this summer on June 13, one of the most intriguing match-ups of the group phase.
Before then the Moroccan Federation's lawyers may have to defend their status as African champions against Senegal's case, but Ouahbi and his players are only looking forwards to the summer, when they have a chance to win another trophy, this time on the pitch.
A.Moore--AT