-
Climate change main driver of European ocean warming: study
-
Trump, Carney talk as Canada seeks to hold off new US tariffs
-
Gauff finds a way into the Cincinnati fourth round
-
NASA images reveal crater left by SpaceX rocket's Moon crash
-
ZZ Top drummer Frank Beard dies at age 77
-
UN atomic watchdog says found tons of nuclear material at Syria site
-
Bayern's Musiala reveals 'neurological disorder' after on-field collapse
-
Ecuadoran diplomat enters race to be next UN chief
-
Angelique Kidjo immortalised on Hollywood Walk of Fame
-
US sanctions ICC chief Tomoko Akane of Japan
-
France to expel two Iranian diplomats: foreign minister
-
US moves to open vast tracts of pristine forests to logging
-
Spain's Granada closes iconic Alhambra as new quake hits
-
US sanctions International Criminal Court chief Tomoko Akane of Japan
-
Venus, Stephens, Monfils named among US Open wild cards
-
Meta hooked children and misled public: prosecutors
-
Rodri joins La Liga champions Barcelona from Manchester City
-
France's first women's rights minister Yvette Roudy dies, aged 97
-
Disney, ABC sue US regulator over threat to broadcast licenses
-
French producer Nicolas Altmayer, Dior PR chief Favier die in car crash
-
Trump, Carney hold talks as new US tariffs on Canada loom
-
Bezos consortium bought nearly 40 percent of Liverpool: report
-
Germany opens new drone research centre as security threats mount
-
Trump says no Iran talks planned, claims Hormuz 'new US territory'
-
How only a few tree species drive Amazon forest recovery
-
Canada seeks to avert new US tariffs as deadline looms
-
Ivonne A-Baki enters race to be next UN chief
-
US primaries test Democrat comeback hopes in Trump stronghold
-
Ukraine says Russian strike kills 10 in northeast region
-
Scientists discover how narwhals grow nature's only straight tusk
-
Meta in court over child social media addiction
-
DR Congo Ebola outbreak 'far from being under control': WHO chief
-
Vieira appointed Senegal head coach after World Cup disappointment
-
Firefighters in 'decisive' push to encircle Belgian wildfire
-
F1's Albon re-signs with Williams for 2027
-
Tribal Partners with ServiceNow to Empower Enterprise Teams to Build and Deploy Apps & Agents
-
Borderless.xyz Deepens Africa Coverage as CrissCross Goes Live on Its Network
-
Fusion Markets Extends Negative Balance Protection to Clients Globally
-
Pakistan court orders ex-PM Khan moved from jail to hospital
-
India close on victory in first Test against Sri Lanka
-
'Lonely place': Black UK academics slam racism after Arday's death
-
Three lightly injured as new quake hits Spain's Granada
-
UK PM says not embarrassed by hoax messages with fake Trump aide
-
Syria, US say Israel struck military air base in Idlib province
-
West Bank siege exposes Israel army inaction on settler violence
-
France probes Russian disinfo campaign against centrist candidates
-
Four-time champion Roglic to ride Vuelta after training crash
-
Stocks mostly drop as Mideast hopes dim, interest rates rise
-
Ukrainian convicted in Germany over Russian sabotage plot
-
Bayern's Musiala returns to training after on-field collapse
North Korea cancels Pyongyang international marathon: tour agency
North Korea has abruptly cancelled an international marathon originally scheduled for early next month, a tour operator said Monday, citing an official statement with no explanation for the decision.
This year's race, which had been slated for April 5, would have been just the second time the event was held since 2019 after returning from a pandemic-induced pause last year.
Beijing-based Koryo Tours, which describes itself as the exclusive travel partner of the Pyongyang Marathon, said the decision was communicated to it by North Korean athletics authorities.
A message it published from the DPR Korea Athletics Association said it will "cancel the 2026 Pyongyang International Marathon this year due to some reasons", without elaborating.
This year's cancellation was "unexpected", said Koryo Tours, adding it understood the decision "has been taken at a level above the organisers of the event itself".
"At present, no further information has been provided" on the cancellation beyond the official message, Koryo said.
The marathon is the largest international sporting event in North Korea, offering visitors a rare chance to run through the tightly controlled streets of its capital city.
The 2025 race had been seen as a sign of tentative post-pandemic reopening by the reclusive, nuclear-armed country.
Last year saw about 200 foreign runners take part in the race, along with more than 200 North Koreans.
That was a significantly lower number than 2019, when about 950 foreigners took part in the race.
M.O.Allen--AT