-
England bowl against Pakistan in first Test of post-Bazball era
-
ICC says US sanctions 'flagrant attack' on court independence
-
Villa sign Japanese 'keeper Suzuki, Italian defender Ruggeri
-
Kyrgios admits 'huge mistake' after failing test for cocaine
-
Injury-plagued Pogba released by Monaco
-
Europe can't afford to miss AI revolution: ECB chief
-
Japanese 'keeper Suzuki signs for Aston Villa
-
Suthar shines as India crush Sri Lanka in 600th Test
-
Paul Pogba to be released by Monaco: club
-
UK PM unveils plan to help rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Texas Counseling Center Highlights the Role of Counseling in Supporting Immigration Psychological Evaluations
-
Tokyo opposes US sanctions on Japanese ICC chief Akane
-
Pakistan govt to challenge court on moving ex-PM Khan to private hospital
-
Humanoid-maker Unitree surges more than 600% on Shanghai debut
-
India four wickets away from victory in Sri Lanka Test
-
Bowling great Donald warns Bangladesh that Australia will hit back hard
-
Belgian wildfire 'encircled' but situation still 'complicated'
-
STARPRIME Completes Beta Testing of Market-Maker Model for Retail Brokers
-
Southern African mothers plead for sons lured to Russia's war
-
Campaigns kick off in Nigerian presidential race
-
Palestinian-American hoists US flag on home besieged by settlers
-
Aussie Rules club suspends five players for drinking, bringing women to hotel
-
Freedom Holding Marks New Türkiye Milestone as Freedom Yatırım Secures Brokerage License
-
Trump pauses 50% tariffs on Canadian goods for three days
-
Humanoid resources: China's robots search for workforce breakthrough
-
Five Premier League stars to watch this season
-
China goes rural with data centres in quest to power AI
-
China's robots open to opportunities in search of commercial breakthrough
-
Trump pauses planned 50% tariffs on Canadian goods for three days
-
Tech leads losses as Asian stocks track Wall St selloff
-
Ikitau, Suaalii named in Australia squad for Argentina Tests
-
US, South Korea cut drills short after Trump criticism
-
'American Doctor' shows brutality of conflict in Gaza
-
Italian scientists bet on octopus to fight crab invasion
-
New Zealand blocks lawsuits against firms over climate harm
-
New 'Insidious' reflects anxiety of being a new parent: director
-
Aussie Rules club suspends five players amid police probe
-
No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to advance at Cincinnati
-
No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to power ahead in Cincinnati
-
Turkey rejects Israeli claims after strike on Syria air base
-
Israel blames Turkey after strike on Syria air base
-
Who Does the Best Male Facelift Surgery in Sarasota?
-
Best Place to Buy Gold IRA in 2026 (Guide Released)
-
Caldwell Strengthens Life Sciences and Healthcare Practice with Addition of Olga Kozlova in Dubai
-
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC Announces Transaction in Own Shares - August 19
-
Elevate Acquires Lupl
-
BioNxt Advances Cladribine Clinical Program with Completion of the Investigational Medicinal Product Dossier (IMPD) Ahead of Human Clinical Studies
-
Who is the Best Facial Feminization Surgeon in the World?
-
Empire Metals Limited Announces MRE Upgrade at Pitfield Titanium Project
-
Bioz and InvivoGen Elevate Scientific Discovery with an Expanded Digital Research Experience
PSG coach Luis Enrique calls on team to raise their game in Champions League last 16
Paris Saint-Germain coach Luis Enrique admitted that his side still had considerable room for improvement after they edged past Monaco in the Champions League on Wednesday to set up a last-16 showdown against Barcelona or Chelsea.
"We had the toughest draw in the league phase, and we are used to playing games like these against anyone," the Spaniard said after Wednesday's 2-2 draw in the all-French knockout phase play-off tie that allowed PSG to squeeze through 5-4 on aggregate.
PSG led 3-2 from last week's first leg but Maghnes Akliouche gave Monaco the advantage on the night at the Parc des Princes to level the scores on aggregate.
The sending-off of Monaco's Mamadou Coulibaly early in the second half paved the way for PSG to equalise through Marquinhos and then go 2-1 up in the second leg through Khvicha Kvaratskhelia.
But with a man fewer, the principality team still scored again through Jordan Teze and Wout Faes missed a glorious chance to force extra time.
"Of course we can and want to improve, but there is also always an opponent and we knew how difficult it would be," said Luis Enrique.
"The next one will be easier, no? Chelsea or Barca -- not bad. But if any team is ready, it is us."
PSG lead Ligue 1 and remain in the running to retain the Champions League title they won for the first time last season.
They have also won the UEFA Super Cup, the FIFA Intercontinental Cup and the French Champions Trophy in this campaign -- all on penalties.
There is a sense that the Qatar-owned club are a long way short of the form they showed in the second half of last season when they blew away their continental rivals on the way to thrashing Inter Milan 5-0 in the Champions League final in Munich.
"We knew how difficult it would be and we were not surprised by Monaco," Luis Enrique added.
"We showed our resilience and our ability to overcome problems, but this competition is difficult. It is important to improve and that is what we will try to do."
- 'Win every competition' -
He will also hope to get last year's Ballon d'Or winner Ousmane Dembele back fully fit -- the 28-year-old scored 35 goals last season but has just 11 this season and has started only 14 games out of 38.
PSG will find out on Friday their path to this season's final in Budapest, beyond the identity of their opponents in next month's last 16.
They beat Barcelona 2-1 away during the league phase in October and have faced the Catalans in five knockout ties since 2013.
Paris also played Chelsea in knockout ties in three straight seasons from 2014 to 2016 and lost to the Blues 3-0 in last year's Club World Cup final.
Asked how his team can get back to the levels of last year, Luis Enrique said: "Just keep doing the same things.
"We are ready to play any opponents in any competition. We have had a lot of injuries, but that is not an excuse.
"There are still more or less three months of the season to go and we have the same mentality. The objective is to win every competition."
Meanwhile, Monaco are left to focus on trying to qualify for Europe again next season after being knocked out in the Champions League play-offs for the second year running.
"We could have done more in this campaign but it has still been satisfying," said Monaco coach Sebastien Pocognoli, whose side are eighth in Ligue 1.
"Let's hope this experience helps us progress more quickly in the future."
M.White--AT