-
England bowl against Pakistan in first Test of post-Bazball era
-
ICC says US sanctions 'flagrant attack' on court independence
-
Villa sign Japanese 'keeper Suzuki, Italian defender Ruggeri
-
Kyrgios admits 'huge mistake' after failing test for cocaine
-
Injury-plagued Pogba released by Monaco
-
Europe can't afford to miss AI revolution: ECB chief
-
Japanese 'keeper Suzuki signs for Aston Villa
-
Suthar shines as India crush Sri Lanka in 600th Test
-
Paul Pogba to be released by Monaco: club
-
UK PM unveils plan to help rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Texas Counseling Center Highlights the Role of Counseling in Supporting Immigration Psychological Evaluations
-
Tokyo opposes US sanctions on Japanese ICC chief Akane
-
Pakistan govt to challenge court on moving ex-PM Khan to private hospital
-
Humanoid-maker Unitree surges more than 600% on Shanghai debut
-
India four wickets away from victory in Sri Lanka Test
-
Bowling great Donald warns Bangladesh that Australia will hit back hard
-
Belgian wildfire 'encircled' but situation still 'complicated'
-
STARPRIME Completes Beta Testing of Market-Maker Model for Retail Brokers
-
Southern African mothers plead for sons lured to Russia's war
-
Campaigns kick off in Nigerian presidential race
-
Palestinian-American hoists US flag on home besieged by settlers
-
Aussie Rules club suspends five players for drinking, bringing women to hotel
-
Freedom Holding Marks New Türkiye Milestone as Freedom Yatırım Secures Brokerage License
-
Trump pauses 50% tariffs on Canadian goods for three days
-
Humanoid resources: China's robots search for workforce breakthrough
-
Five Premier League stars to watch this season
-
China goes rural with data centres in quest to power AI
-
China's robots open to opportunities in search of commercial breakthrough
-
Trump pauses planned 50% tariffs on Canadian goods for three days
-
Tech leads losses as Asian stocks track Wall St selloff
-
Ikitau, Suaalii named in Australia squad for Argentina Tests
-
US, South Korea cut drills short after Trump criticism
-
'American Doctor' shows brutality of conflict in Gaza
-
Italian scientists bet on octopus to fight crab invasion
-
New Zealand blocks lawsuits against firms over climate harm
-
New 'Insidious' reflects anxiety of being a new parent: director
-
Aussie Rules club suspends five players amid police probe
-
No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to advance at Cincinnati
-
No.1 Sabalenka slams Wang to power ahead in Cincinnati
-
Turkey rejects Israeli claims after strike on Syria air base
-
Israel blames Turkey after strike on Syria air base
-
Who Does the Best Male Facelift Surgery in Sarasota?
-
Best Place to Buy Gold IRA in 2026 (Guide Released)
-
Caldwell Strengthens Life Sciences and Healthcare Practice with Addition of Olga Kozlova in Dubai
-
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC Announces Transaction in Own Shares - August 19
-
Elevate Acquires Lupl
-
BioNxt Advances Cladribine Clinical Program with Completion of the Investigational Medicinal Product Dossier (IMPD) Ahead of Human Clinical Studies
-
Who is the Best Facial Feminization Surgeon in the World?
-
Empire Metals Limited Announces MRE Upgrade at Pitfield Titanium Project
-
Bioz and InvivoGen Elevate Scientific Discovery with an Expanded Digital Research Experience
UEFA suspend Benfica's Prestianni after alleged racist abuse
UEFA on Monday suspended midfielder Gialuca Prestianni from Benfica's Champions League play-off second leg against Real Madrid this week after he was accused of racially abusing Vinicius Junior.
UEFA's disciplinary body, who are still investigating the alleged incident from last week's first leg, said in a statement they had "decided to provisionally suspend Mr. Gianluca Prestianni for the next UEFA club competition match for which he would otherwise be eligible".
Prestianni will therefore be unable to feature for Benfica on Wednesday at the Santiago Bernabeu as the Portuguese side bid to overturn a 1-0 deficit and reach the last 16.
Brazil international Vinicius scored the goal that splits the teams and reported the alleged racist abuse to the referee in the aftermath of his celebration, with the game stopped for around 10 minutes.
UEFA said Prestianni's provisional one-match suspension is "without prejudice to any ruling that the UEFA disciplinary bodies may subsequently make following the conclusion of the ongoing investigation".
If UEFA find Prestianni, 20, racially abused Vinicius he will be banned for a minimum of 10 matches.
Prestianni, who argued with Vinicius while covering his mouth with his shirt, insists he did not racially abuse the Real Madrid forward.
Real Madrid defender Trent Alexander-Arnold said the incident was a "disgrace to football", while striker Kylian Mbappe said Prestianni "doesn't deserve to play in the Champions League any more".
Benfica coach Jose Mourinho, who is also suspended for the second leg, controversially criticised Vinicius for his effusive goal celebration and said his club could not be racist because their greatest icon, Eusebio, was black.
A.Clark--AT