-
Sainz signs new contract with F1 team Williams
-
Iran warns Gulf countries against helping US after UAE cuts trade ties
-
Playing at Real Madrid 'not for everyone': Bernardo Silva
-
Senior FIFA official withdraws support from embattled Infantino
-
As election nears, Israelis fear polarisation could spark violence
-
Lawson replaces injured Hadjar for Red Bull at Dutch GP
-
Bayern's Hoeness 'speechless' after second Musiala collapse
-
Robots sort packages and serve fast food at Beijing showcase
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah: source
-
Leeds sign Swiss defender Elvedi from Monchengladbach
-
Arsenal chief expects Arteta to sign new contract 'very shortly'
-
Robinson double rocks Pakistan in first Test before rain stops play
-
Oil rises, stocks waver amid tech sell-off
-
Queen Camilla says was 'difficult' keeping King Charles' cancer private
-
Belgian fire of the century 'encircled' but fight goes on
-
UK PM launches bid to get rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Japan target record medal haul at home Asian Games
-
England bowl against Pakistan in first Test of post-Bazball era
-
ICC says US sanctions 'flagrant attack' on court independence
-
Villa sign Japanese 'keeper Suzuki, Italian defender Ruggeri
-
Kyrgios admits 'huge mistake' after failing test for cocaine
-
Injury-plagued Pogba released by Monaco
-
Europe can't afford to miss AI revolution: ECB chief
-
Japanese 'keeper Suzuki signs for Aston Villa
-
Suthar shines as India crush Sri Lanka in 600th Test
-
Paul Pogba to be released by Monaco: club
-
UK PM unveils plan to help rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Texas Counseling Center Highlights the Role of Counseling in Supporting Immigration Psychological Evaluations
-
Tokyo opposes US sanctions on Japanese ICC chief Akane
-
Pakistan govt to challenge court on moving ex-PM Khan to private hospital
-
Humanoid-maker Unitree surges more than 600% on Shanghai debut
-
India four wickets away from victory in Sri Lanka Test
-
Bowling great Donald warns Bangladesh that Australia will hit back hard
-
Belgian wildfire 'encircled' but situation still 'complicated'
-
STARPRIME Completes Beta Testing of Market-Maker Model for Retail Brokers
-
Southern African mothers plead for sons lured to Russia's war
-
Campaigns kick off in Nigerian presidential race
-
Palestinian-American hoists US flag on home besieged by settlers
-
Aussie Rules club suspends five players for drinking, bringing women to hotel
-
Freedom Holding Marks New Türkiye Milestone as Freedom Yatırım Secures Brokerage License
-
Trump pauses 50% tariffs on Canadian goods for three days
-
Humanoid resources: China's robots search for workforce breakthrough
-
Five Premier League stars to watch this season
-
China goes rural with data centres in quest to power AI
-
China's robots open to opportunities in search of commercial breakthrough
-
Trump pauses planned 50% tariffs on Canadian goods for three days
-
Tech leads losses as Asian stocks track Wall St selloff
-
Ikitau, Suaalii named in Australia squad for Argentina Tests
-
US, South Korea cut drills short after Trump criticism
-
'American Doctor' shows brutality of conflict in Gaza
Habib Beye appointed coach of Marseille
Marseille have appointed their former captain Habib Beye as coach, the club announced on Wednesday, just over a week after he was sacked by their Ligue 1 rivals Rennes.
Beye, 48, succeeds Roberto De Zerbi after the Italian left the 1993 Champions League winners early last week in the wake of a 5-0 hammering by bitter rivals Paris Saint-Germain.
He takes over a team which lies fourth in France's Ligue 1 with 12 games of the season remaining, five points adrift of Lyon in third and 12 behind leaders Lens.
The top three qualify automatically for next season's Champions League, with fourth entering in the third qualifying round.
Beye will be officially unveiled on Thursday before his first game in charge on Friday, away to Brest.
Marseille, who were knocked out of this season's Champions League on the final day of the league phase last month, are also through to the quarter-finals of the French Cup.
Former Senegal international full-back Beye had been in charge of Rennes for just over a year having previously been coach of lower-league side Red Star and worked as a prominent pundit on French television.
He played for Marseille from 2003 to 2007, notably featuring alongside Didier Drogba in the team that lost the 2004 UEFA Cup final to Valencia.
Beye, who also played for Strasbourg, finished his career in England, turning out for Newcastle United and Aston Villa as well as Doncaster Rovers in the second tier.
"His deep attachment to Olympique de Marseille and his intimate knowledge of the environment in Marseille can be major assets in taking the club to the next step," said a statement released by OM, who did not reveal the length of Beye's contract.
The announcement of Beye's arrival in Marseille came hours after his severance deal with Rennes was finalised and they appointed his successor in the shape of Franck Haise.
Frenchman Haise signed a contract until 2027 after Beye was dismissed with the Breton outfit sitting in sixth place in Ligue 1.
Haise, 54, guided Lens to the Champions League group stage in 2023/24 after the club finished runners-up in Ligue 1 the previous season.
He joined Nice in June 2024 but left in December after just five wins from 16 league games. Haise returns to Brittany after a six-year stint as a coach in the Rennes academy from 2006-12.
"It's a joy to return to Rennes, a true pleasure, with my staff, to join such a great club," Haise said in a statement.
T.Wright--AT