-
McIlroy questions LIV stars 'value' as talk of PGA return builds
-
Honduras places 80% of country on El Nino drought alert
-
'Breakthrough' mRNA cancer drug curbs melanoma in large trial
-
Some of Meta's safety tools were 'designed to fail': witness
-
Many US Fed policymakers back interest rate hikes if inflation stays high
-
PSG Ligue 1 opener moved over state of Parc des Princes pitch
-
Robinson and Tongue star as Pakistan collapse in England opener
-
UK PM launches bid to help homeless, donating part of his wages
-
All Blacks must get 'everything right' to beat Springboks, says legend Fitzpatrick
-
Golden Shoe winner Kane hopes for Ballon d'Or after 'best season ever'
-
Robinson and Tongue star as Pakistan all out for 171 in England opener
-
Kyiv's ex-defence chief makes risky bet by venturing into electoral grounds
-
Lake Zurich sees water level hit record low amid drought
-
Coventry have survival inspiration says Lampard
-
Merck and Moderna's tailored cancer drug curbs melanoma recurrence in trial
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah
-
Referees chief Webb wants clamp-down on Premier League set-piece grappling
-
Trump says will meet North Korea's Kim later this year
-
Robinson makes history as Pakistan collapse against England
-
Stocks waver, dollar drops as US Treasury moves to lower bond yields
-
Alvarez can win back Atletico fans in two games: club chief
-
France recalls rare disease drug Tavneos after deaths
-
Oldest human brain cells grown in lab 'recorded passage of time'
-
Arsenal agree to sign Villa defender Konsa: reports
-
7,300 excess deaths and counting in France's historically hot summer
-
Evacuation orders lifted in Belgian wildfire zone
-
Ukraine MPs approve new defence minister after divisive reshuffle
-
UK media skewered for 'hounding' black academic
-
North Korea leader's sister says 'unaware' of reported Kim-Trump communication
-
More than 7,300 excess deaths in France's historically hot summer so far
-
Russia, Ukraine exchange 103 captured soldiers each
-
US socialists score shock Florida win as Trump picks stumble
-
Sainz signs new contract with F1 team Williams
-
Iran warns Gulf countries against helping US after UAE cuts trade ties
-
Playing at Real Madrid 'not for everyone': Bernardo Silva
-
Senior FIFA official withdraws support from embattled Infantino
-
As election nears, Israelis fear polarisation could spark violence
-
Lawson replaces injured Hadjar for Red Bull at Dutch GP
-
Bayern's Hoeness 'speechless' after second Musiala collapse
-
Robots sort packages and serve fast food at Beijing showcase
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah: source
-
Leeds sign Swiss defender Elvedi from Monchengladbach
-
Arsenal chief expects Arteta to sign new contract 'very shortly'
-
Robinson double rocks Pakistan in first Test before rain stops play
-
Oil rises, stocks waver amid tech sell-off
-
Queen Camilla says was 'difficult' keeping King Charles' cancer private
-
Belgian fire of the century 'encircled' but fight goes on
-
UK PM launches bid to get rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Japan target record medal haul at home Asian Games
-
England bowl against Pakistan in first Test of post-Bazball era
Italian biathlete Passler cleared to compete at Olympics despite positive test
Italian biathlete Rebecca Passler has been cleared to compete in the Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics after a successful appeal to the Italian Anti-Doping Agency (NADO) following a failed drugs test last month.
The Italian Winter Sports Federation (FISI) announced Friday that NADO had accepted the athlete's claim of "unintentional" ingestion or contamination involving letrozole, a prohibited substance.
The 24-year-old has been provisionally suspended since February 2 after her sample showed the presence of the drug, used to treat breast cancer, NADO said.
According to media reports, Passler said she tested positive after eating a chocolate spread with a spoon previously used by her mother, who is being treated for cancer.
"She will rejoin her teammates on the Italian team starting Monday February 16," FISI said in a statement, adding that it "welcomes the outcome of this appeal".
Passler said in the statement: "The last few days have been very difficult. I always believed in my good faith. Now I can finally concentrate 100 percent on biathlon."
The prohibited substance was detected in an out-of-competition test on January 26, which fell outside the official Games testing window.
Passler, the niece of Johann Passler, a bronze medallist at the 1988 Calgary Games, currently stands 33rd in the overall World Cup standings.
Olympic biathlon events are taking place in her home town of Anterselva.
Passler has already missed the individual event and will miss the sprint race this weekend.
She could still theoretically participate in the women's relay on February 18, but not in the mass start three days later as she does not meet the qualification criteria.
"She will train with the team on Monday and Tuesday, and we will make a decision on whether or not she will participate in the relay," said Italian team director Klaus Hollrigl.
"We will try to understand how she is physically and mentally."
He added: "What happened is easily explained. The concentration (of the banned substance) is very, very low, but how it got into the bloodstream is not for me to explain."
A.Clark--AT