-
Manifesto defends Germany's iconic Bauhaus against 'populist attacks'
-
Walmart reports mixed results as gas prices drag on US sales growth
-
Kenya's Kipyegon ends season with hamstring injury
-
Wang downs Sindhu to break Indian hearts at badminton worlds
-
Nord Stream bomb suspect arrested while working on movie about attack: media
-
As Europe's rivers recede, shippers scramble to limit damage
-
German football fans plan widespread VAR protests
-
Alonso won't confirm Fernandez will remain at Chelsea after Man City link
-
Scorching summer triggers record rockfalls in Alps, scientist says
-
Milky Way's fastest star discovered spinning around black hole
-
Newly-crowned European champ Werro turns focus on 800m record
-
Kanye West planned concerts trigger frenzy in Russia
-
Hamilton 'fittest ever' as he chases eighth F1 title
-
Hungary music festival basks in post-Orban freedom
-
Stocks retreat as bond yield fears persist, oil rises
-
Vatican says 'serious concerns' over Israel-Lebanon deal implementation
-
ARKBRIDGE’s David Mali Highlights AI-Driven Risk Management at the Finance Magnates London Summit
-
Arteta confirms Arsenal want to sign defender after Konsa link
-
Zuckerberg buys Gothic castle in Ireland: spokesman
-
What's behind the UAE's decision to cut Iran trade ties?
-
Belgium's fire of the century now 'under control'
-
Barca seal Cancelo return to bolster defence
-
Evergrande's Xu Jiayin: from real-estate tycoon to life in prison
-
Germany reports record 14,000 heat-related deaths this summer
-
Spurs eyeing move for Man City's Savinho and Marmoush - reports
-
Alvarez 'focused' says new Atletico team-mate Romero
-
Springboks captain Kolisi to miss first All Blacks Test
-
West Ham warn fans about 'offensive' Solomon chant
-
Japan to launch probe for Mars moons in October: space agency
-
Huge questions loom over Prince Harry's shock return to UK
-
From beach to Bulls: relaxed Tsunoda savours rare F1 drive
-
BYDFi Joins Coinfest Asia 2026, Connecting with Institutions, Builders and Traders in Bali
-
Prince Harry: key dates in life of returning UK royal
-
Max Verstappen: Natural-born winner
-
North Korea launches missiles, Seoul says, after Trump floats Kim meet
-
Van Dijk urges Liverpool to make amends for 'unacceptable' season
-
Oil jumps on Iran war tensions, offsetting bond yield fears
-
All Blacks replace Tuipulotu with Holland for Springboks Test
-
Germany identifies far-right suspect in deadly 1970 antisemitic attack
-
Rain delays start of second day's play in England-Pakistan opener
-
PrimeXBT Expands Swap-Free Trading to PXTrader 2.0
-
Russian strikes kill 16 in Kyiv, surrounding region
-
Record number of locations in France top 40C over summer: AFP analysis
-
'It is tough': Indonesia battles wildfires, bracing for worse to come
-
Trump pledges 'economic warfare' on Iran, prompting Tehran derision
-
Seoul detects North Korean missile launches after Trump says to meet Kim
-
'Girl with a Pearl Earring' in Japan, perhaps for the last time
-
Thai, Myanmar military chiefs meet as post-coup thaw progresses
-
Russian strikes kill 13 in Kyiv, surrounding region
-
Asian stocks rally as US Treasury steps in to ease bond fears
PSG seal teen Dro signing from upset Barca
Paris Saint-Germain confirmed the signing of teenage talent Dro Fernandez from Barcelona on Monday, with the Catalan giants' president Joan Laporta left upset over what he said was an "unpleasant" situation.
Barca chief Laporta explained Dro had previously agreed a new deal with the Catalan giants but decided to depart instead.
"Paris Saint-Germain are delighted to announce the signing of Dro Fernandez," wrote Ligue 1 champions PSG in a statement.
"The 18-year-old Spanish midfielder, who will wear the number 27, has signed a contract that will keep him in the French capital until 2030, in a move that is fully in line with the club's sporting strategy and its strong focus on youth and talent."
PSG did not state how much they paid for Dro but Spanish media reported they spent slightly more than his six-million-euro ($7 million) release clause as a goodwill gesture, citing a figure of 8.2 million euros.
"It has been an unpleasant situation," Laporta told Catalunya Radio late on Sunday ahead of Dro's move.
"It came as a surprise because we had agreed on a different solution for when he turned 18.
"Surprisingly, his representative told us he couldn't follow through on what we'd agreed to."
Dro, who is from Galicia in Spain's northwest, joined Barcelona's La Masia youth academy, considered the best in the world, in 2022 and made eight appearances for the club.
"After nearly four unforgettable seasons, today I have to make one of the most difficult decisions of my life: saying goodbye to the club that has been my home in recent years," said Dro on Instagram.
Earlier in January, Barca coach Hansi Flick showed his disappointment at Dro's decision to leave.
"What I want to say to the young players from La Masia, is we are Barca and one of the best teams in the world," said the German coach, who handed Dro his debut in September 2025.
"We give them the opportunity to train with us, to grow, every day, with the best players in the world. We give them the opportunity, we give them the support, believe in them, the confidence.
"If you want to play for Barca, then (do it) 100 percent with your whole heart. This is what I want to say to everyone who is now with us, or in the future with us, this must be 100 percent.
"These colours, you have to live for them, this is what I want to see. All the others I don't want, this is what I can say."
M.King--AT