-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
-
Werro wins Lausanne 800m, well off world record pace
-
One dead, three wounded after sword attack at Swedish high school
-
China mulls bid to host 2028 UN climate talks: sources
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 15
-
Jones becomes third Englishman to join Inter this summer
-
US Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction for now
-
Mexican governor wanted on US drug charges returns to job
-
Root hails emerging fast bowlers as England thrash Pakistan
-
Bolivia's Paz forced to fire economy minister in mid-crisis
-
Brazil's Lula urges tariffs resolution in call with Trump
-
A-Rod ups T-Wolves stake in $4.5bn ownership change
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 14
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail initial £9.5mn
-
Heatwave-hit Europe logs over 30,000 excess summer deaths: first figures
-
'Grateful' ex-world champion Alaphilippe retires from cycling
-
Give LIV Golf 'one more shot,' says DeChambeau
-
US, Canada work to wrap up trade deal ahead of looming deadline
-
Duplantis hits the high notes for athletics anthem
-
Malaysia's JDT claim unbeaten run world record
-
Malaysia's JDT claims unbeaten run world record
-
At least 2 teens seriously wounded in sword attack at Swedish school
-
Bolivian economy minister fired after Congress vote
-
Popular forest near Paris to reopen after wildfire
-
Russell roars to Dutch GP sprint pole, Antonelli fifth
-
UN holds second informal poll of secretary-general candidates
-
Russell takes pole for Dutch GP sprint
-
Shakhtar Donetsk to play Champions League home games at Chelsea
-
England start life after Bazball with rout of Pakistan
-
Arsenal sign Villa centre-back Konsa as champions bolster defence
-
'Duck run' pest control catching on in S.Africa's winelands
-
The 'hedgehogs' leading Poland's defences on Russian border
-
UK, Canada, Australia slam Israel ending probe into aid worker killings
-
England thrash Pakistan by an innings and 103 runs in first Test
-
Spurs spending spree vital to raise standards: De Zerbi
-
Fury says Joshua fight 'doesn't look like it's going to happen'
-
US, Canada try to wrap up trade deal before latest Trump deadline
-
Argentina's Paredes suspended 10 matches by FIFA for World Cup fight
-
World No.1 Sinner withdraws from US Open with knee injury
Second Patriots player facing assault charge
New England Patriots defensive end Christian Barmore is facing charges of domestic assault, court records showed on Wednesday.
Barmore, 26, has been charged with misdemeanor assault and battery on a household or family member following an incident in August.
The case comes just a day after it emerged that the Patriots star wide receiver Stefon Diggs was also facing assault charges in an unrelated case.
The Patriots said in a statement on Wednesday that the team had been "made aware at the time of the incident" involving Barmore and had already informed the NFL.
"The matter remains part of an ongoing legal process," the Patriots said.
"We will respect that process, continue to monitor the situation closely, as we have over the past few months, and cooperate fully with the league."
ABC television reported that Barmore was alleged to have shoved a woman he was in a relationship with to the floor following an argument.
Barmore's attorney David Meier -- who is also representing Diggs in his case -- described the incident as a "personal matter."
"We are confident that the evidence will demonstrate that no criminal conduct took place," Meier said in a statement.
"Based on the facts and the law, we expect that this personal matter will be resolved in the near future and both parties will move forward together."
The off-field controversies come as the Patriots prepare to wrap up a successful regular season campaign that has seen them clinch the AFC East divisional title.
The Patriots could clinch the AFC top seeding this weekend if they beat the Miami Dolphins and the Denver Broncos lose to the Los Angeles Chargers.
Patriots coach Mike Vrabel said Wednesday he expects to have both Diggs and Barmore available for Sunday's clash with the Dolphins, insisting he was not "disappointed" by the two cases.
"I would say not disappointing at all," Vrabel told reporters. "These are allegations, and it's things we have to handle. Every day there's distractions and some are smaller than others.
"I'm confident that we'll focus on the Dolphins and that the two individuals mentioned will be able to handle the ongoing legal process...but I don't think we have to jump to any sort of conclusions right now.
"I haven't heard anything that would keep either player from the game."
T.Sanchez--AT