-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
-
Werro wins Lausanne 800m, well off world record pace
-
One dead, three wounded after sword attack at Swedish high school
-
China mulls bid to host 2028 UN climate talks: sources
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 15
-
Jones becomes third Englishman to join Inter this summer
-
US Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction for now
-
Mexican governor wanted on US drug charges returns to job
-
Root hails emerging fast bowlers as England thrash Pakistan
-
Bolivia's Paz forced to fire economy minister in mid-crisis
-
Brazil's Lula urges tariffs resolution in call with Trump
-
A-Rod ups T-Wolves stake in $4.5bn ownership change
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 14
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail initial £9.5mn
-
Heatwave-hit Europe logs over 30,000 excess summer deaths: first figures
-
'Grateful' ex-world champion Alaphilippe retires from cycling
-
Give LIV Golf 'one more shot,' says DeChambeau
-
US, Canada work to wrap up trade deal ahead of looming deadline
-
Duplantis hits the high notes for athletics anthem
-
Malaysia's JDT claim unbeaten run world record
-
Malaysia's JDT claims unbeaten run world record
-
At least 2 teens seriously wounded in sword attack at Swedish school
-
Bolivian economy minister fired after Congress vote
-
Popular forest near Paris to reopen after wildfire
-
Russell roars to Dutch GP sprint pole, Antonelli fifth
-
UN holds second informal poll of secretary-general candidates
Amorim takes aim at Man Utd youth stars over 'entitlement'
Ruben Amorim said provocative social media posts from two of Manchester United's academy stars showed a damaging "feeling of entitlement" at the Premier League club.
The United boss last week said Harry Amass was "struggling" at Sheffield Wednesday, bottom of the Championship, and pointed out that Chido Obi was not always a starter in United's under-21s.
The 18-year-olds both uploaded and subsequently deleted Instagram story posts.
Amass posted a photo of himself holding the Sheffield Wednesday's player of the month award for November with a grinning emoji.
Obi's post showed him with arms out celebrating a goal for the Under-21s against Manchester City in August.
But Amorim defended his direct approach at his pre-match press conference on Friday.
"I think it's a little bit the feeling of entitlement that we have in our club," the Portuguese said when asked if he had seen the posts.
"Sometimes strong words are not bad words. Sometimes difficult moments are not bad things for the kids. We don't need to be always with accolades in everything, in every situation."
The United boss called for a change of culture at the club, who are sixth in the Premier League ahead of Sunday's visit to high-flying Aston Villa.
"The players sometimes forget about what it means to play for Manchester United. We as a club sometimes forget who we are," he said.
"And that's the feeling that I have. So I understand everything. It's the environment, it's the moment of the players, the kids.
"They feel entitled. They feel free to respond the manager with a picture."
Amorim said his office door was open if players wanted to discuss issues.
"Nobody is coming to talk to me," he said. "And that is the way we can solve things. So I think we need to change first as a club. And then everything is going to change."
The United boss was also asked about a T-shirt worn by Kobbie Mainoo's half-brother earlier this week that carried the message "Free Kobbie Mainoo".
England international Mainoo, 20, is still waiting for his first Premier League start of the season, with his lack of game time a major talking point.
"It was not Kobbie who wore the T-shirt," said Amorim. "He is not going to start because of the T-shirt but he is not going to the bench because of the T-shirt.
"He's going to play if we feel that he is the right guy. That is not an issue."
Brazil midfielder Casemiro is suspended for the Villa game, giving a potential opening for Mainoo.
Defenders Matthijs de Ligt and Harry Maguire are still injured while Noussair Mazraoui, Amad Diallo and Bryan Mbeumo are all on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations.
T.Sanchez--AT