-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
Salah dropped by Liverpool for Inter Milan clash after outburst
Mohamed Salah has been dropped from Liverpool's squad for their Champions League tie at Inter Milan after the Egypt star's extraordinary criticism of his treatment by boss Arne Slot.
Salah was not included in the squad announced by Liverpool on Monday despite being seen smiling when he trained with the first team earlier in the day.
Salah said on Saturday he felt like he had been "thrown under the bus" by Liverpool and that he no longer had a relationship with Slot after he was left on the bench for the third consecutive game in a 3-3 draw against Leeds.
In the midst of a dismal season by his high standards, the 33-year-old was not even used as a substitute at Elland Road.
"I said many times before that I had a good relationship with the manager, and all of a sudden we don't have any relationship," Salah told reporters at the weekend in response to being left on the bench again.
"I don't know why but it seems to me, how I see it, that someone doesn't want me in the club.
"It seems like the club has thrown me under the bus. That is how I am feeling. I think it is very clear that someone wanted me to get all of the blame."
It was reported that Salah's removal from the squad for the trip to Italy was taken with the full support of Slot, but it is believed no formal disciplinary action has been taken against him by the club.
Salah's exile is said to be in the best interests of all parties involved, with a brief period away from selection seen as the correct response given the nature and timing of his comments.
Salah's incendiary blast has sparked speculation that Liverpool will consider selling him in the January transfer window.
The forward has repeatedly been linked with a move to the Saudi Pro League over the last two years.
After next weekend's home match against Brighton in the Premier League, Salah is set to depart for the Africa Cup of Nations.
- Shadow of his former self -
Salah, who signed from Roma in 2017, is Liverpool's third-highest goalscorer of all time with 250 goals in 420 appearances for the club.
He is the club's highest-paid player in history, having signed a new contract in April, and played a key role in Liverpool's two Premier League titles and one Champions League triumph during his iconic spell on Merseyside.
But Salah has been a shadow of his former self during Liverpool's struggles this season -- the Premier League champions are now ninth in the table -- with just four goals in 13 top-flight appearances.
He was dropped from the starting line-up for Champions League games against Galatasaray and Eintracht Frankfurt earlier this season in the first indication that Slot was growing frustrated with his poor form and lack of defensive effort.
Salah's last Liverpool start was in a 4-1 defeat by PSV Eindhoven on November 26, while he is without a goal since netting against Aston Villa at the start of November.
His astonishing outburst risked undermining Slot's authority at a time when he is trying to drag the team out of a slump which has seen them win just four of the last 15 matches.
Salah's absence also adds to Slot's problems on the pitch as Cody Gakpo, Federico Chiesa and Wataru Endo have also not travelled due to fitness issues.
As a result, Slot was only able to take a reduced 19-man squad on the flight to Milan.
Slot and Reds goalkeeper Alisson Becker are due to attend a press conference at the San Siro ahead of Tuesday's showdown with Inter.
M.Robinson--AT