-
Enhanced Games boss predicts multiple feats beyond world records
-
Kim's lead trimmed to two at PGA CJ Cup Byron Nelson
-
Large police presence around White House after reports of shots fired: AFP
-
Ebola toll tops 200, other African countries seen at risk
-
Russell snatches pole in Canada with late lap to frustrate Antonelli
-
Romania's Mungiu wins top prize at glitzy Cannes finale
-
Iran move World Cup base from US to Mexico
-
Russell grabs pole for Mercedes 1-2 at Canadian GP
-
Trump says agreement with Iran 'largely negotiated,' includes opening strait
-
Bayern salute 'best transfer ever' Kane after 21st German Cup triumph
-
Real Madrid end troubled Liga season with win, Mallorca, Girona down
-
Quiet Chinese county hit by deadly coal mine disaster
-
Mungiu wins Cannes again with culture wars drama
-
'Fjord' by Romania's Cristian Mungiu wins Cannes best film prize
-
Persistence pays off for Barcelona Champions League final hero Pajor
-
Kane hat-trick seals double as Bayern claim 21st German Cup
-
Tens of thousands rally in Serbia demanding elections
-
NASCAR driver Busch died of sepsis after pneumonia: family
-
Enhanced Games athletes under scrutiny as health fears swirl
-
Emotional Hull celebrate 'incredible' promotion to Premier League
-
Shreyas Iyer scores maiden IPL century as Punjab beat Lucknow
-
Pajor, Paralluelo star as Barcelona thrash Lyon to win Women's Champions League
-
Tens of thousands rally in Serbian capital demanding elections
-
Bru challenges Bordeaux-Begles to show 'true selves' in Top 14 after Champions Cup defence
-
Russell resists Antonelli in Canadian GP F1 sprint race
-
Defending Champions Cup title 'special' for Bordeaux's Tameifuna
-
Hull promoted to Premier League after McBurnie strikes late in play-off final
-
Buse outlasts Paul for Hamburg title to end Peruvian drought
-
Thousands gather in Serbian capital to call for elections
-
Vingegaard takes Giro lead after storming to victory in 14th stage
-
American Tien warms up for Roland Garros with Geneva Open win
-
Fils pulls out of home Grand Slam with painful injury
-
Bielle-Biarrey, Lucu inspire Bordeaux-Begles past Leinster to Champions Cup defence
-
French court hands man 25-year term for torture, rape of ex-partner
-
China authorities report 82 dead in coal mine blast, serious violations
-
Navarro downs Mboko to win Strasbourg clay title
-
Vingegaard takes Giro lead after storrming to victory in 14th stage
-
Russian war drama among favourites for top Cannes film prize
-
England's Bethell leaves IPL after finger injury
-
Ukrainian strike on college in Russian-occupied town kills 18: officials
-
Five first-round matches to watch at French Open
-
Iran and US say could be close to talks breakthrough
-
France bans Israeli security minister Ben Gvir from country
-
Roland Garros organisers, players have 'positive' meeting over dispute
-
Dos Santos at the double, Jackson and Russell shine in Xiamen
-
Man Utd's Fernandes named Premier League Player of the Season
-
Iran chief negotiator vows 'crushing' response if US returns to war
-
EU automated border system suspended at Dover amid bank holiday chaos
-
F1 legend Alain Prost's Swiss home robbed: reports
-
De Zerbi demands 'blood and spirit' from Spurs on survival Sunday
Ebola toll tops 200, other African countries seen at risk
Officials in the Democratic Republic of Congo updated the death toll from the Ebola outbreak to 204 late Saturday, hours after the Red Cross said three volunteers had died there and Uganda confirmed three new Ebola cases.
A health ministry statement said 204 deaths had been recorded in three provinces of the vast central African country, from 867 suspected cases. The last World Health Organization toll on Friday put the number of deaths at 177 from 750 suspected cases.
The World Health Organization has declared the outbreak of the highly contagious haemorrhagic fever an international emergency.
On Saturday, the African Union's health agency warned that more countries on the continent were at risk of being affected by the Ebola virus, in addition to the DRC and Uganda.
"We have 10 countries at risk," said Jean Kaseya, head of the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC), listing Angola, Burundi, the Central African Republic, the Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Zambia.
Kaseya said "high mobility and insecurity" in the region were helping spread the disease.
The new cases confirmed in Uganda on Saturday bring to five the total confirmed in the east African country since it was detected there and in the DRC on May 15. One person in Uganda has died.
The health ministry named the new patients as a Ugandan driver, a Ugandan health worker and a woman from the DRC. All are alive.
Ebola is a deadly viral disease that spreads through direct contact with bodily fluids. It can cause severe bleeding and organ failure.
The current epidemic centres on the conflict-wracked eastern DRC, where it was detected in Ituri province, which borders Uganda, before spreading to South Kivu.
- First known victims -
The Red Cross said on Saturday that three Congolese volunteers had died in Ituri after apparently contracting Ebola there.
The three "were carrying out dead body management activities on March 27 as part of a humanitarian mission unrelated to Ebola", said the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
"At the time of the intervention, the community was not aware of the Ebola virus disease outbreak... They are among the first known victims."
Ebola has killed more than 15,000 people in Africa in the past half-century.
On Friday, the WHO raised the risk from Ebola in the DRC to its highest level -- "very high".
It said the risk in central Africa was "high" but the global risk remained "low".
The outbreak, which experts suspect was circulating under the radar for some time, is caused by the less common Bundibugyo strain, for which there are no approved vaccines or treatments.
On Thursday, Uganda suspended public transport to the DRC after confirming its first two cases -- one infection and one death -- involving Congolese nationals who crossed the border.
It said the driver confirmed infected on Saturday had been at the wheel of the vehicle in which one of the ill Congolese nationals had travelled to Uganda.
The health worker was exposed to the virus when treating that Congolese patient.
The third case was a Congolese woman who had visited Uganda and tested positive for Ebola after returning to the DRC.
- 'Everyone's problem' -
The eastern DRC has been plagued for three decades by conflict involving numerous armed groups.
State services in rural areas of Ituri have been largely absent for decades.
South Kivu is controlled by the Rwandan-backed armed group M23, which has never had to manage an epidemic like Ebola.
He said the Kinshasa government needed to have "total control" of the DRC territory to stop the virus spreading.
W.Stewart--AT