-
NBA has no evidence of Clippers salary cap cheating: report
-
Colombian minister under fire over beach holiday post-quake
-
Boehly and Walter consider selling Chelsea stake to Clearlake Capital
-
Lamour leaves key FIFA position after criticising Infantino
-
OpenAI to lease massive new AI data center in US, backed by Nvidia
-
Buss family sells 17.8% stake in Lakers to Iger group
-
US stocks fall on spiking bond yields, higher oil prices
-
Mangione state murder trial postponed after federal guilty plea
-
LIV Golf cancels Michigan event, to decide team title at Indy
-
Trump envoy says Hamas disarmament could begin within 30 days
-
Rodri arrives at Barcelona to complete 'dream' move
-
US pauses construction of border project in Texas national park
-
Discord suspends livestreams in Brazil after teen's suicide
-
Thousands mourn dead black academic in London vigil
-
Tupac Shakur's accused killer was out for 'revenge', jury hears
-
South Africa Test series a lot tougher than a World Cup says All Blacks coach Rennie
-
Netanyahu presses role for US general in Hamas disarmament
-
Coventry sign Nigeria striker Awoniyi from Forest
-
US-Palestinian says 'terrified' as he returns to property besieged by settlers
-
TripleDart tops $7 million ARR with AI-led growth, reports 50 per cent EBIT margin
-
Amboss Opens Affiliate Program: Earn Recurring Bitcoin Commissions by Growing Bitcoin Payments
-
Bipartisan backlash as Trump scales back US-South Korea drills
-
Netanyahu, Kushner discuss US general for Hamas disarmament: Israeli official
-
'Never seen one like it': German pensioners flee wildfire
-
Scottish FA withdraws support for FIFA boss Infantino
-
Ipswich sign Enciso and Ouattara in double raid on Strasbourg
-
Belgium fire halts short of German border, but not 'contained'
-
UN laments 'unacceptable' toll of 350 aid workers killed in 2025
-
Number one Shi suffers shock first-round exit at badminton worlds
-
Former child star actress Hayden Panettiere dead at 36
-
Kolisi and Nche may miss South Africa Test against New Zealand
-
Pakistan captain Babar Azam doubtful for England opener
-
Trump threatens Oman: latest developments in US-Iran war
-
Pentagon inks Tomahawk deal amid reports of missile shortfall
-
Stocks lower as Hormuz concerns and high oil prices persist
-
Rain halts India push after Dinusha century lifts Sri Lanka
-
Crowds turn out for 'Total Eclipse' singer Bonnie Tyler's funeral
-
Dinusha hits century as Sri Lanka post 284 in first India Test
-
Mali jails junta-critic broadcaster, influencer for seven years
-
Stocks steady as investors weigh US rate path
-
'Nowhere to run': Indonesian quake survivors plead for help
-
Taiwan's leader says government to propose record defence spending for 2027
-
Belgium fire makes 'limited' spread overnight, more help on way
-
Cambridge head slams 'feeding frenzy' over dead academic
-
Vingegaard brings curtain down on season
-
Ebola outbreak now DR Congo's deadliest ever
-
Dickwella, Dinusha hit fifties as Sri Lanka fight back
-
Germany's coalition split over putting climate in constitution
-
Bangladesh Test cricket reboot delivers in style with historic win
-
Ukraine badminton star: 'How can you feel normal when bombs are falling?'
Alcaraz and Sinner battle for No.1 spot in Monte Carlo final
Carlos Alcaraz teed up a blockbuster Monte Carlo Masters final with Jannik Sinner as the world's top two players will face off on Sunday for the number one ranking.
Alcaraz ended the fairytale run of local boy Valentin Vacherot in the last four on Saturday to stay on track to defend his title in the principality.
Alcaraz saw off Vacherot 6-4, 6-4 to reach his 10th ATP 1000 final and improve his record on clay to 26-1 since the start of last year.
It will be the first meeting this season between Alcaraz and Sinner and will decide who will be world No.1 come Monday when the new ATP rankings are released.
"I think it's the dream spot for everyone I would say. I'm fighting for a second Monte Carlo title, he's fighting for his first one," said Alcaraz of Sunday's final.
"It's going to be a really special one. The No.1 is on the line, which will make tomorrow even more special."
The 22-year-old Alcaraz is trying to keep hold of top spot and holds a 10-6 lead over Sinner in the head-to-head series.
"It's going to be 17 meetings against him, so I know him pretty well," said Alcaraz. "I know that I have to play my best tennis if I want to beat him.
"If I'm feeling (the) favourite or not, I would say against him there is no favourite in any match. It depends about who's playing the best that day."
Alcaraz broke Vacherot three times to wrap up victory in 84 minutes and is bidding for his third title of the season after winning the Australian Open and in Doha. He has made it to the final at his last seven clay tournaments.
- Sinner dispatches Zverev -
Sinner eased his way into the Monte Carlo final for the first time with a clinical 6-1, 6-4 semi-final win over Alexander Zverev earlier on Saturday.
The 24-year-old Italian becomes the first player to reach all three finals of the season's first three Masters 1000 events since Novak Djokovic in 2015.
Roger Federer, in 2006, and Rafael Nadal, 2011, are the only two other players to achieve the feat.
"I'm very happy," said Sinner.
"We came here trying to give myself some feedback (on clay) and now finding myself in the final means a lot to me."
Sinner said he had felt in top form right from the outset of the match against his German opponent, ranked third in the world.
"Obviously every match, every day is different, so I'm very happy about today's performance. I felt really solid from the beginning."
Sinner will play Alcaraz on clay for the first time since their epic French Open final last year, which the Spaniard won after saving three championship points.
"It would be good for me before Paris to play at least once against him (Alcaraz), seeing where my level is on this surface and where we need to work on," said Sinner.
As in Indian Wells and Miami, Sinner had the measure of Zverev who has not prevailed in their meetings since the round of 16 at the US Open in September 2023.
Extremely aggressive from the start, Sinner blew the German away in the opening set, breaking him three times and wrapping it up in 34 minutes.
In the second set, Zverev put up more resistance, finding his first serve again, but he still had to battle every time to hold.
He finally folded after 82 minutes on another blistering forehand from Sinner, who has lost only one set in his last 21 matches at Masters 1000 events.
G.P.Martin--AT