-
Brazil's Lula hails new oil find as 'passport to the future'
-
Paramount demands $1.9 billion surety over states' merger lawsuit
-
Rybakina slogs through double rain delays in Cincinnati win
-
Latest developments in US-Iran war
-
Two largest US reservoirs hit record lows amid western drought
-
NBA has no evidence of Clippers salary cap cheating: report
-
Colombian minister under fire over beach holiday post-quake
-
Boehly and Walter consider selling Chelsea stake to Clearlake Capital
-
Lamour leaves key FIFA position after criticising Infantino
-
OpenAI to lease massive new AI data center in US, backed by Nvidia
-
Buss family sells 17.8% stake in Lakers to Iger group
-
US stocks fall on spiking bond yields, higher oil prices
-
Mangione state murder trial postponed after federal guilty plea
-
LIV Golf cancels Michigan event, to decide team title at Indy
-
Trump envoy says Hamas disarmament could begin within 30 days
-
Rodri arrives at Barcelona to complete 'dream' move
-
US pauses construction of border project in Texas national park
-
Discord suspends livestreams in Brazil after teen's suicide
-
Thousands mourn dead black academic in London vigil
-
Tupac Shakur's accused killer was out for 'revenge', jury hears
-
South Africa Test series a lot tougher than a World Cup says All Blacks coach Rennie
-
Netanyahu presses role for US general in Hamas disarmament
-
Coventry sign Nigeria striker Awoniyi from Forest
-
US-Palestinian says 'terrified' as he returns to property besieged by settlers
-
TripleDart tops $7 million ARR with AI-led growth, reports 50 per cent EBIT margin
-
Amboss Opens Affiliate Program: Earn Recurring Bitcoin Commissions by Growing Bitcoin Payments
-
Bipartisan backlash as Trump scales back US-South Korea drills
-
Netanyahu, Kushner discuss US general for Hamas disarmament: Israeli official
-
'Never seen one like it': German pensioners flee wildfire
-
Scottish FA withdraws support for FIFA boss Infantino
-
Ipswich sign Enciso and Ouattara in double raid on Strasbourg
-
Belgium fire halts short of German border, but not 'contained'
-
UN laments 'unacceptable' toll of 350 aid workers killed in 2025
-
Number one Shi suffers shock first-round exit at badminton worlds
-
Former child star actress Hayden Panettiere dead at 36
-
Kolisi and Nche may miss South Africa Test against New Zealand
-
Pakistan captain Babar Azam doubtful for England opener
-
Trump threatens Oman: latest developments in US-Iran war
-
Pentagon inks Tomahawk deal amid reports of missile shortfall
-
Stocks lower as Hormuz concerns and high oil prices persist
-
Rain halts India push after Dinusha century lifts Sri Lanka
-
Crowds turn out for 'Total Eclipse' singer Bonnie Tyler's funeral
-
Dinusha hits century as Sri Lanka post 284 in first India Test
-
Mali jails junta-critic broadcaster, influencer for seven years
-
Stocks steady as investors weigh US rate path
-
'Nowhere to run': Indonesian quake survivors plead for help
-
Taiwan's leader says government to propose record defence spending for 2027
-
Belgium fire makes 'limited' spread overnight, more help on way
-
Cambridge head slams 'feeding frenzy' over dead academic
-
Vingegaard brings curtain down on season
'Grumpy' Guardiola wants Silva to stay at Man City for life
Pep Guardiola said Friday he was "grumpy" with Bernardo Silva, admitting he was in the dark over the future of his Manchester City captain.
The Portugal midfielder is in the final year of his contract at the Etihad and his future has been the subject of intense speculation.
City's assistant manager Pep Lijnders appeared to confirm the 31-year-old's likely departure while carrying out media duties on behalf of manager Guardiola after last week's 4-0 FA Cup win over Liverpool.
"Every good story comes to an end and I hope he enjoys the last months -- because there is only six weeks -- and has a good farewell," he said.
But Guardiola, speaking to reporters ahead of Sunday's Premier League clash at Chelsea, said he was unaware of Silva's plans.
"I'm so grumpy with Bernardo because a month ago I said, 'If you take a decision, I have to be the first to (know)'," said the City boss.
"And he didn't say to me anything yet, so I think the proper one must be Bernardo.... He didn't tell me, so I don't know what's going on."
Silva has made 450 appearances for City since joining from Monaco in 2017, winning six Premier League titles and the Champions League.
"I would love it if he could stay and finish his career here," said Guardiola.
"I don't know. He's going to decide what he's going to decide, announce to the club, I think announce to all of you -- the media, the fans and everyone.
"It's his decision. But it has been an incredible, incredible signing. The numbers and the minutes and the titles. Especially in bad moments.
"I justify and I define the players in the bad moments when everything is difficult how they always make a step up and say 'I'm here to help'."
City, chasing a domestic treble after winning the League Cup last month, are second in the Premier League, nine points behind leaders Arsenal with a game in hand.
The top two face each other in Manchester on April 19 in a potential title decider.
"We need to win a lot of points," said Guardiola.
"We were not consistent enough during the season. We dropped points that we should have taken and that's why we're in the position that now we cannot do it differently."
W.Morales--AT