-
Manifesto defends Germany's iconic Bauhaus against 'populist attacks'
-
Walmart reports mixed results as gas prices drag on US sales growth
-
Kenya's Kipyegon ends season with hamstring injury
-
Wang downs Sindhu to break Indian hearts at badminton worlds
-
Nord Stream bomb suspect arrested while working on movie about attack: media
-
As Europe's rivers recede, shippers scramble to limit damage
-
German football fans plan widespread VAR protests
-
Alonso won't confirm Fernandez will remain at Chelsea after Man City link
-
Scorching summer triggers record rockfalls in Alps, scientist says
-
Milky Way's fastest star discovered spinning around black hole
-
Newly-crowned European champ Werro turns focus on 800m record
-
Kanye West planned concerts trigger frenzy in Russia
-
Hamilton 'fittest ever' as he chases eighth F1 title
-
Hungary music festival basks in post-Orban freedom
-
Stocks retreat as bond yield fears persist, oil rises
-
Vatican says 'serious concerns' over Israel-Lebanon deal implementation
-
ARKBRIDGE’s David Mali Highlights AI-Driven Risk Management at the Finance Magnates London Summit
-
Arteta confirms Arsenal want to sign defender after Konsa link
-
Zuckerberg buys Gothic castle in Ireland: spokesman
-
What's behind the UAE's decision to cut Iran trade ties?
-
Belgium's fire of the century now 'under control'
-
Barca seal Cancelo return to bolster defence
-
Evergrande's Xu Jiayin: from real-estate tycoon to life in prison
-
Germany reports record 14,000 heat-related deaths this summer
-
Spurs eyeing move for Man City's Savinho and Marmoush - reports
-
Alvarez 'focused' says new Atletico team-mate Romero
-
Springboks captain Kolisi to miss first All Blacks Test
-
West Ham warn fans about 'offensive' Solomon chant
-
Japan to launch probe for Mars moons in October: space agency
-
Huge questions loom over Prince Harry's shock return to UK
-
From beach to Bulls: relaxed Tsunoda savours rare F1 drive
-
BYDFi Joins Coinfest Asia 2026, Connecting with Institutions, Builders and Traders in Bali
-
Prince Harry: key dates in life of returning UK royal
-
Max Verstappen: Natural-born winner
-
North Korea launches missiles, Seoul says, after Trump floats Kim meet
-
Van Dijk urges Liverpool to make amends for 'unacceptable' season
-
Oil jumps on Iran war tensions, offsetting bond yield fears
-
All Blacks replace Tuipulotu with Holland for Springboks Test
-
Germany identifies far-right suspect in deadly 1970 antisemitic attack
-
Rain delays start of second day's play in England-Pakistan opener
-
PrimeXBT Expands Swap-Free Trading to PXTrader 2.0
-
Russian strikes kill 16 in Kyiv, surrounding region
-
Record number of locations in France top 40C over summer: AFP analysis
-
'It is tough': Indonesia battles wildfires, bracing for worse to come
-
Trump pledges 'economic warfare' on Iran, prompting Tehran derision
-
Seoul detects North Korean missile launches after Trump says to meet Kim
-
'Girl with a Pearl Earring' in Japan, perhaps for the last time
-
Thai, Myanmar military chiefs meet as post-coup thaw progresses
-
Russian strikes kill 13 in Kyiv, surrounding region
-
Asian stocks rally as US Treasury steps in to ease bond fears
Alcaraz rolls into maiden Melbourne semi-final and date with Zverev
Carlos Alcaraz swept into the Australian Open semi-finals for the first time on Tuesday and a clash with Alexander Zverev to take a step closer to tennis history.
The Spanish world number one silenced a partisan Melbourne crowd in brushing aside outclassed home hope Alex de Minaur 7-5, 6-2, 6-1 at Rod Laver Arena.
The 22-year-old Alcaraz is yet to drop a set as he arrows in on a maiden Australian Open crown.
"I'm just really happy how I'm playing every match, each round my level is increasing," he said, in a warning to his rivals.
"Today I felt really comfortable, playing great tennis that I am really proud of," added Alcaraz, who had never previously gone beyond the quarter-finals in Australia in four previous visits.
The Australian Open is the only Grand Slam that Alcaraz has not won.
Should he beat Zverev and then win Sunday's final, he would surpass compatriot and legend Rafael Nadal as the youngest man to win all four majors.
Nadal was 24 when he did it.
Top seed Alcaraz started like a train against the Australian sixth seed, who has reached the last eight of all the Grand Slams -- and still never gone further.
In a topsy-turvy opening set, the six-time major champion Alcaraz raced into a 3-0 lead, only for De Minaur to rattle off three games in a row for 3-3, to roars of approval.
A pumped-up Alcaraz stopped the rot and forged a 5-3 lead, but then squandered the chance to close out the set and was broken.
They were at 5-5 when Alcaraz ramped up the intensity to win the next two games and take the set, De Minaur left kicking himself for failing to take his chances.
The 26-year-old Australian paid the price, Alcaraz punishing him to seize the second set in 44 minutes.
He took that momentum into the third set and stepped it up another notch.
He grabbed a 3-0 lead in less than 20 minutes on his way to a ruthless win, sealing it with his fifth ace.
Earlier, German third seed Zverev sent down 24 aces in a 6-3, 6-7 (5/7), 6-1, 7-6 (7/3) victory over Learner Tien of the United States to book his last-four spot.
"I have seen him throughout the whole tournament and I know he is playing great, aggressive tennis," Alcaraz said of Zverev.
"I have to be ready, not just me but my whole team as well.
"We need to play tactically really well, it's going to be a great battle."
On Wednesday, 10-time Melbourne champion Novak Djokovic faces Italy's fifth-seeded Lorenzo Musetti in the quarter-finals.
The winner will face either two-time defending champion Jannik Sinner or United States eighth seed Ben Shelton in the semi-finals.
M.White--AT