-
Stocks retreat as bond yield fears persist, oil rises
-
Vatican says 'serious concerns' over Israel-Lebanon deal implementation
-
ARKBRIDGE’s David Mali Highlights AI-Driven Risk Management at the Finance Magnates London Summit
-
Arteta confirms Arsenal want to sign defender after Konsa link
-
Zuckerberg buys Gothic castle in Ireland: spokesman
-
What's behind the UAE's decision to cut Iran trade ties?
-
Belgium's fire of the century now 'under control'
-
Barca seal Cancelo return to bolster defence
-
Evergrande's Xu Jiayin: from real-estate tycoon to life in prison
-
Germany reports record 14,000 heat-related deaths this summer
-
Spurs eyeing move for Man City's Savinho and Marmoush - reports
-
Alvarez 'focused' says new Atletico team-mate Romero
-
Springboks captain Kolisi to miss first All Blacks Test
-
West Ham warn fans about 'offensive' Solomon chant
-
Japan to launch probe for Mars moons in October: space agency
-
Huge questions loom over Prince Harry's shock return to UK
-
From beach to Bulls: relaxed Tsunoda savours rare F1 drive
-
BYDFi Joins Coinfest Asia 2026, Connecting with Institutions, Builders and Traders in Bali
-
Prince Harry: key dates in life of returning UK royal
-
Max Verstappen: Natural-born winner
-
North Korea launches missiles, Seoul says, after Trump floats Kim meet
-
Van Dijk urges Liverpool to make amends for 'unacceptable' season
-
Oil jumps on Iran war tensions, offsetting bond yield fears
-
All Blacks replace Tuipulotu with Holland for Springboks Test
-
Germany identifies far-right suspect in deadly 1970 antisemitic attack
-
Rain delays start of second day's play in England-Pakistan opener
-
PrimeXBT Expands Swap-Free Trading to PXTrader 2.0
-
Russian strikes kill 16 in Kyiv, surrounding region
-
Record number of locations in France top 40C over summer: AFP analysis
-
'It is tough': Indonesia battles wildfires, bracing for worse to come
-
Trump pledges 'economic warfare' on Iran, prompting Tehran derision
-
Seoul detects North Korean missile launches after Trump says to meet Kim
-
'Girl with a Pearl Earring' in Japan, perhaps for the last time
-
Thai, Myanmar military chiefs meet as post-coup thaw progresses
-
Russian strikes kill 13 in Kyiv, surrounding region
-
Asian stocks rally as US Treasury steps in to ease bond fears
-
'Simply lovely': Verstappen signs new Red Bull contract until 2030
-
Verstappen signs new Red Bull contract until 2030: team
-
Australia coach Walters heading to St Helens after World Cup
-
What property giant Evergrande's sentence means for China's economy
-
China jails founder, fines disgraced property giant Evergrande
-
Australian prosecutors demand life in prison for mushroom killer
-
Russian strikes kill 12 in Kyiv, surrounding region
-
Fallout far-reaching for Australian Rules after latest scandal
-
US India ambassador's Kashmir remarks rile Pakistan; envoy summoned
-
Rafts on Rome's Tiber River cool down overheated tourists
-
In Senegal's Saint-Louis, traces of slave-trading past fade away
-
Top seeds Sabalenka, Zverev stunned in Cincinnati fourth round
-
Russian strikes kill 9 in Kyiv, surrounding region
-
Australia says relations with Israel 'difficult' after aid worker death
Sailboats carrying aid reach Cuba after going missing: AFP journalist
Two sailboats carrying humanitarian aid to crisis-hit Cuba reached Havana on Saturday after a long journey from Mexico during which they went missing and triggered a search-and-rescue mission.
The boats, which went missing from Thursday to Saturday with nine people aboard, were seen sailing across the capital's oceanfront on their way to the port, an AFP journalist said.
The vessels are bringing the final shipments of Our America Convoy, an international humanitarian effort that has brought aid to support Cuba as a US oil blockade deepens the island's energy and economic crisis.
The Friend Ship and Tiger Moth, which set sail from southeast Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula on March 20, had been expected to arrive in Cuba on Tuesday or Wednesday.
But the Mexican Navy announced a search and rescue mission Thursday after losing communication with them, raising concerns about their fate.
The US Coast Guard sparked confusion Friday when it said it had received a report that the two vessels had "safely transited to Cuba," only to say later that the search was ongoing and it was not involved in it.
After a tense wait, organizers of Our America Convoy reported early Saturday that the Mexican Navy had finally located the boats and that the crews were safe.
The Navy said one of its aircraft had spotted the sailboats 80 nautical miles northwest of Havana. It then deployed a ship to support them.
The identities and nationalities of the crew members have not been disclosed, but Mexico's Navy had been in communication with rescue agencies in Poland, France, Cuba and the United States.
Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel had voiced concern about their disappearance on Friday and said his country was doing everything to find them.
- Trump: 'Cuba is next' -
The first shipments from the convoy arrived by plane from Europe and the United States last week.
A fishing boat that was converted into an aid vessel, which had also left Mexico last week, arrived in Cuba on Tuesday, a few days later than planned due to unfavorable weather, currents and battery issues.
It had been escorted by a Mexican Navy ship part of the way.
The convoy brought more than 50 tonnes of medical supplies, food, water and solar panels to Cuba, with hospitals among the recipients.
Cuban exiles in Miami and other critics have slammed the convoy as benefiting the communist government more than ordinary people.
US President Donald Trump imposed a de facto oil blockade on Cuba in January after US forces seized Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro, whose government had been Cuba's principal source of fuel.
Trump has also threatened tariffs on countries that ship oil to Cuba, whose aging electricity system has been hit by regular blackouts, including two nationwide outages last week.
He renewed his threats on Havana on Friday, even as the US-Israeli war against Iran entered its second month.
"I built this great military. I said, 'You'll never have to use it,' but sometimes you have to use it," Trump said at the Saudi-backed FII Priority investment forum in Miami.
"And Cuba is next, by the way. But pretend I didn't say that."
S.Jackson--AT